Friday, January 16, 2009

Goal Ninety-Two, again.

Read 50 Books and journal about them.

5. Blood Rites, Dresden Files book 6 by Jim Butcher

If you are not familiar with the Dresden Files books, it's a series about a Wizard living in Modern day Chicago. It's a nice mix of fantasy and reality, mixing every day events with magic, demons and various other things from the netherworld. That being said, I think I'm going to stop reading them. I love fantasy and I like the mix of it with modern times. It is squarely set in the "real" world but it borders on occultish and that doesn't bother me nearly as much as it should. The story line in this one was great, Dresden got to connect with his dead Mother (in a strange way) found out he had living family as well. It was a seperate story line from teh previous book but built back towards that story line nicely as there were a lot of loose ends. I'm slightly disappointed that I don't feel like I can read the next one but I think it's for the best. I may return to it after some time but for now, I have to say goodbye to Harry Dresden.

1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. Eclipse
4. Breaking Dawn

No comments: