Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life's too short...

1. Life is too short to knit with yarn you don't like. So I threw out the rest of my fun fur. I hate working with it, so I'm not going to make myself anymore.
2. Life is too short to read books that you are not enjoying. So I'm putting down the hobbit. I know I enjoyed it last time but I'm bored now. I'll leave my bookmark in and then if I ever change my mind and want to finish it, I'll know where I was.
3. Life is too short to not indulge every aspect of your personality now and again. I admit it. I like wearing office wear. I like to look pulled together first thing in the morning. I used to not care but honestly, I kind of find getting ready in the morning fun now. Dang it, I even like my glasses. They give me a new look, I feel punkrockish stylish. I think they are fun. Even if I could afford contacts right now, I probably wouldn't wear them much. I like rockin my new look. I have a shallow side and I'm enjoying it right now.
4. Life is too short to worry about things that are out of your control. To that end, I've stopped watching the news. I can't change the economic situation and I'm not going to let it stress me out. So long as I'm employed, my personal economy is doing ok.
5. Life is too short to spend your time not being yourself. I don't know what happened to me. I used to be louder, more outspoken and quite frankly, more fun. I miss that. I went to Grad school and became much more serious. I miss kicking back. I miss having an active social life. I miss Drama and I miss Dance. I miss the freedom they gave me. I'm going to get some of that back.
6. Life's too short to spend time being angry. Long story with this one, and I'm not sure how to change it but decided that I have too. No details at this time.
7. Life is too short to stay estranged from people. Sometimes estrangement just happens. Nobody is upset, no falling out occured but there is distance anyway. It's never too late to change that.

No comments: